6/25/2012

“You can’t reach for anything new if your hands are still full of yesterday’s junk.”        
                                                                                                      -Louise Smith
Working (or playing) on YUPO has become an addiction for me. I really enjoy pouring on the colors in whatever way I can think and then watch what "grows" from the paper. The mixing and mingling are in themselves works of art and I can barely bring myself to touch them sometimes so I have many (many, many) unfinished pieces to study and play with. These colors just demanded that I paint poppies. Since I cannot seem to grow them in my garden, this is a next best thing. Just beginning to find the flowers here. 


WIP  Poppies
Watercolor on YUPO

4 comments:

JANE MINTER said...

your hooked incredible work and exploration ...looks fantastic to work on ..i'd love to try yupo

Katrina said...

Jane, thank you so much for your comments, and in the past. I love your soft, yet controlled style. I could send you a few pieces of YUPO to try if you would like. Contact me through my gmail account. kjones1616@gmail.com

Sharon Whitley said...

absolutely scrumptious paintings - I could browse your blog all night - but must get some sleep - I'll be back!!! on my blog list and following!

Corinne H. said...

Magnifique ! J'aime beaucoup tes expériences sur le yupo....